Tuesday 25 June 2024

High Summer Mowing!

It's High Summer at Balintore Castle!

This year we have neither had the usual biblical plague of rabbits, nor the annual invasion of sheep. I usually rely on said fauna and livestock to tend my lawns for free. So this year, I asked my friend Andrew if he could give the terrace a once-over with a flatbed mower.

Yesterday, as I looked out of the high castle windows at the work in progress, I realised what a glorious summer day it was and how lucky Andrew was to be outside. I was doing simultaneously stressful and dreary admin at my desk.

The field below the castle is awash with buttercups, thanks to the organic farming practices of the local estate. If you zoom into the images, you will see how beautifully intense the yellow is.

high summer mowing - looking west

high summer mowing - looking east

2 comments: