Wednesday 17 January 2024

Sun and Snow

Yesterday, I promised you photos of snow and blue skies. Well, the weather actually delivered today. My accuracy has nothing to do with the fact that I recently worked for the UK Met Office, and everything to do with the fact we are having a cold snap and it snowed heavily yesterday.

My daily constitutional consists of going down the west drive, along the road, and then up the east drive. Here are the photos taken en route:


leaving the castle

looking back at the castle from the east drive

deer prints

the east drive is a fauna superhighway

looking back down the east drive - a single human track!

back at the castle

Walking in virgin snow, illustrates that the castle drives are actually busy thoroughfares for animals and not just the occasional human. By the end of my late afternoon walk, the sun was already coming in at a low slanting angle. I daresay Balintore Castle gets trapped flatteringly twixt blue sky and white ground.


1 comment: