Monday 16 October 2023

The Toilet Paper Mystery

I have been charged twice recently for unpaid postage. My suspicion was that someone in the Post Office was on the fiddle, and there was no indication of which eventual deliveries had merited the extra charges.

However, today this letter arrived:

Inside was a short section of toilet paper folded in an exceedingly neat manner:


Can anyone solve the mystery or identify the printing? All I can conclude is that someone in the Glasgow area (the post mark) wants to wreak revenge for some unidentified wrong-doing of mine by charging me postage by using no-longer-valid stamps. £1.10 is a lot to pay per wipe. :-)

PostScript

The mystery was solved by my housekeeper who contacted the guest that took away the key to the AirBnB in error. He attempted to post it back and was able to identify the envelope. It's still a mystery why the key was not inside the pocket of toilet paper, but the envelope has been with the Post Office for 3 weeks so anything could have happened.




2 comments:

  1. Hum... How is the "charge" paid? Do you have an account with the post ofice, that thay can debit money from at will? I always thought such excess postage charges were collected by the postman on delivery, and that one could simply refuse to pay, and consequently forgo receipt of the item of mail. Of course its never happened to me so I don't really know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a longstanding online account with the Post Office for printing pre-paid postage labels. The items are not delivered until you pay online. I order a lot online, so would have no idea what item requires the extra postage.

      Delete