Wednesday 17 July 2013

Jacob's Ladder

Further repair work on the box gutter at Balintore Castle necessitated building this scaffolding. The section of guttering in question is above a low pitched roof, making it hard to access. The solution was a dog-leg scaffold construction requiring a veritable Jacob's ladder to climb!

I don't like to think of the vast quantities of new lead, new slate, and new sarking that have been carried up these ladders over the last few weeks. Where possible I passed materials up, so my builder wasn't constantly climbing up and down carrying everything. We could have done with a few of those biblical angels processing ceaselessly up and down! Perhaps, I ordered the secular Esher's ladder by mistake? :-)



Jacob's ladder - to access a box gutter for repair/salvation

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying reading about your progress. I hope the spirits of the castle don't muck around with the scaffolding, looks a little scary :-)

    ReplyDelete